|(၁) ၂၀၀၈ - ၁၄|
- ၁ Wikimania 2016 Scholarships - Deadline soon!
- ၂ 2016 WMF Strategy consultation
- ၃ Burmese is missing
- ၄ The visual editor is coming to this wiki
- ၅ File upload policy discussion
- ၆ Reminder: the visual editor is coming to this wiki soon
- ၇ Completion suggestor
- ၈ Updates to wiki search auto completion are arriving 10 March
- ၉ New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2016)
- ၁၀ Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants
- ၁၁ Server switch 2016
- ၁၂ ဝီကီပီးဒီးယားမှသည် လကမ္ဘာသို့
Wikimania 2016 Scholarships - Deadline soon![ပြင်ဆင်ရန်]
- Please help translate to your language
A reminder - applications for scholarships for Wikimania 2016 in Esino Lario, Italy, are closing soon! Please get your applications in by January 9th. To apply, visit the page below:
2016 WMF Strategy consultation[ပြင်ဆင်ရန်]
- Please help translate to your language
The Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) has launched a consultation to help create and prioritize WMF strategy beginning July 2016 and for the 12 to 24 months thereafter. This consultation will be open, on Meta, from 18 January to 26 February, after which the Foundation will also use these ideas to help inform its Annual Plan. (More on our timeline can be found on that Meta page.)
Your input is welcome (and greatly desired) at the Meta discussion, 2016 Strategy/Community consultation.
Apologies for English, where this is posted on a non-English project. We thought it was more important to get the consultation translated as much as possible, and good headway has been made there in some languages. There is still much to do, however! We created m:2016 Strategy/Translations to try to help coordinate what needs translation and what progress is being made. :)
If you have questions, please reach out to me on my talk page or on the strategy consultation's talk page or by email to email@example.com.
Burmese is missing[ပြင်ဆင်ရန်]
Burmese is missing from this page:
Thank you, Varlaam (ဆွေးနွေး) ၂၂:၄၇၊ ၂၀ ဇန်နဝါရီ ၂၀၁၆ (UTC)
The visual editor is coming to this wiki[ပြင်ဆင်ရန်]
Hello. Please excuse the English. Please help translate to your language. Thank you!
My name is Erica, and I am a Community Liaison at the Wikimedia Foundation. I'm here to let you know that the visual editor is coming to editors at this Wikipedia soon. It allows people to edit Wikipedia articles as if they were using word processing software.
You don't have to wait until the deployment to test it; you can test the visual editor right now. To turn it on, select "အစမ်းမူကွဲ" in your preferences. Choose "VisualEditor" and click save. When it is enabled, you will press the "ပြင်ရန်" button to edit an article in the new software. To use the wikitext editor, you can press "ရင်းမြစ်ကို တည်းဖြတ်ရန်".
After the deployment, everyone will automatically have the option to use either the visual editor or the current wikitext editor. For more information about how to use the visual editor, see mw:Help:VisualEditor/User guide.
More information about preparing for the visual editor is posted here.
- It's easier to add templates if you've added TemplateData information.
- Please help translate the user interface and pages about the visual editor. See the visual editor's TranslationCentral for general information. To translate the user guide, go to the MediaWiki.org page, and select "Translate this page". Your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've done this, you'll see the document in English, side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or change old translations. To translate the user interface, you need to create an account at translatewiki.net. Contact me personally if you need help with that.
- Please let us know if you find any problems. You can report issues in Phabricator, the new bug tracking system or on the central feedback page on MediaWiki.org. If you notice major issues affecting your project, please leave a note on my talk page.
File upload policy discussion[ပြင်ဆင်ရန်]
There is a discussion about File upload policy in progress on Wikipedia:လက်ဖက်ရည်ဆိုင် (အိုင်ဒီယာ)#File upload policy. Please kindly participate on that page and not in this talk page section. Thank you. ဖြိုးWP (ဆွေးနွေးရန်) ၀၉:၃၉၊ ၉ ဖေဖော်ဝါရီ ၂၀၁၆ (UTC)
Reminder: the visual editor is coming to this wiki soon[ပြင်ဆင်ရန်]
Hello again. Please excuse the English. Please help translate to your language. Thank you!
This is a reminder that the visual editor is coming to all editors at this Wikipedia soon. As of this writing, the team is not aware of any issues specific to this language that should prevent the new software to be deployed here; therefore, please do let us know if you find any problems instead. You can report issues in Phabricator, the new bug tracking system or on the central feedback page on MediaWiki.org. There is a short guide at mediawiki.org that you can follow (as if it was a "checklist") to learn about the community work necessary to adapt the visual editor, and its referencing system in particular, to your community's needs.
If you can translate from English into this wiki's language, or know anyone who can, please follow the links below, as this language still has 0% progress in translations (0% or slightly above, for interface messages). You'll help your community get the best possible experience when it comes to interface messages and documentation related to the visual editor. After you click on any links, your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've selected it, you'll see the document in English side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or modify existing ones. The interface is hosted at https://translatewiki.net; you'll need an account if you never translated there before. The user guide lives at Mediawiki.org, for which you can use your regular Wikipedia account. You're welcome to contact me personally whenever you need help.
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2016)[ပြင်ဆင်ရန်]
Apologies for writing in English. Please help translate to your language
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for access to research materials from:
- Cambridge University Press - a major publisher of academic journals and e-books in a variety of subject areas. Access includes both Cambridge Journals Online and Cambridge Books. 25 accounts.
- Alexander Street Academic Video Online - a large academic video collection good for a wide range of subjects, including news programs (such as PBS and BBC), music and theatre, lectures and demonstrations, and documentaries. 25 accounts.
- Baylor University Press - a publisher of academic e-books primarily in religious studies and the humanities. 50 accounts.
- Future Science Group - a publisher of medical, biotechnological and scientific research. 30 accounts.
- Annual Reviews - a publisher of review articles in the biomedical sciences. 100 accounts.
- Miramar Ship Index - an index to ships and their histories since the early 19th century. 30 accounts.
- Noormags - Farsi-language aggregator of academic and professional journals and magazines. 30 accounts.
- Kotobna - Arabic-language ebook publishing platform. 20 accounts.
- Gale - aggregator of newspapers, magazines and journals. 50 accounts.
- Elsevier ScienceDirect - an academic publishing company that publishes medical and scientific literature. 100 accounts.
Many other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page, including Project MUSE, De Gruyter, EBSCO, Newspapers.com and British Newspaper Archive. Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team ၂၀:၃၀၊ ၁၇ မတ် ၂၀၁၆ (UTC)
Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants[ပြင်ဆင်ရန်]
Please help translate to your language:
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Submit a grant request or draft your proposal in IdeaLab
- Get help with your proposal in an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants
With thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) ၁၅:၄၇၊ ၃၁ မတ် ၂၀၁၆ (UTC)
Server switch 2016[ပြင်ဆင်ရန်]
The Wikimedia Foundation will be testing its newest data center in Dallas. This will make sure Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia wikis can stay online even after a disaster. To make sure everything is working, the Wikimedia Technology department needs to conduct a planned test. This test will show whether they can reliably switch from one data center to the other. It requires many teams to prepare for the test and to be available to fix any unexpected problems.
They will switch all traffic to the new data center on Tuesday, 19 April.
On Thursday, 21 April, they will switch back to the primary data center.
Unfortunately, because of some limitations in MediaWiki, all editing must stop during those two switches. We apologize for this disruption, and we are working to minimize it in the future.
You will be able to read, but not edit, all wikis for a short period of time.
- You will not be able to edit for approximately 15 to 30 minutes on Tuesday, 19 April and Thursday, 21 April, starting at 14:00 UTC (15:00 BST, 16:00 CEST, 10:00 EDT, 07:00 PDT).
If you try to edit or save during these times, you will see an error message. We hope that no edits will be lost during these minutes, but we can't guarantee it. If you see the error message, then please wait until everything is back to normal. Then you should be able to save your edit. But, we recommend that you make a copy of your changes first, just in case.
- Background jobs will be slower and some may be dropped.
Red links might not be updated as quickly as normal. If you create an article that is already linked somewhere else, the link will stay red longer than usual. Some long-running scripts will have to be stopped.
- There will be a code freeze for the week of 18 April.
No non-essential code deployments will take place.
This test was originally planned to take place on March 22. April 19th and 21st are the new dates. You can read the schedule at wikitech.wikimedia.org. They will post any changes on that schedule. There will be more notifications about this. Please share this information with your community. /User:Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) ၂၁:၀၇၊ ၁၇ ဧပြီ ၂၀၁၆ (UTC)
ဟဲလို အင်္ဂလိပ်လိုပဲ ရေးရတာ ဝမ်းနည်းပါတယ်။ ဒါပေမယ့် ဝီကီပီးဒီယားရဲ့ လက်ဖက်ရည်ဆိုင် ဆွေးနွေးခန်းကို အသုံးချရင်း ဘာသာစကားအတော်များများဆီရောက်အောင့် စာတိုပို့ပေးပါတယ်။ စာမျက်နှာ မှားယွင်းနေပါသလား။ ကျေးဌူးပြု၍ ပြင်လိုက်ပါ။ ဒီမှာပါ။
ဒါကတော့ ဝီကီပီးဒီးယန်းအားလုံးအတွက် ဖိတ်ကြားလွှာပါ။ Wikimedia Deutschland ဟာ နောက်လာမယ့် လကမ္ဘာခရီးစဥ်မှာ ဝီကီပီးဒီးယားအတွက် နေရာပေးလာပါတယ်။ (ဟာသ မဟုတ်ပါ) ဒီအကြောင်း ကျွန်တော်တို့ ဆွေးနွေးခန်း ဖွင့်ထားပါတယ်။ ဒါဟာ တစ်ကမ္ဘာလုံးက တည်းဖြတ်သူအားလုံးအတွက်ပါပဲ။ ကျေးဇူးပြုပြီး Meta-Wiki မှာ ဆွေးနွေးဖို့ ပူးပေါင်းပေးပါ Moon team at Wikimedia Deutschland ၁၅:၃၅၊ ၂၁ ဧပြီ ၂၀၁၆ (UTC)